How to Stay Awake at Work
How to Stay Awake at Work
If you have a hard time staying awake at work, then this article will be very helpful for you. Here are easy things you can do that will help you from falling asleep at work.
There is nothing worse than getting back to work after lunch and being so drowsy you can’t even keep your head up. If you have ever fallen asleep at work if can be even worse-not to mention what your co-workers or boss will be thinking about you.
1. Most often, when people are challenged with the need to sleep at work it comes in the afternoon. The biggest contributors to this is having a lunch that is too heavy and too much. If you find yourself nodding off when you get back to your desk after lunch you might want to rethink the big garbage burrito and go for a lighter salad instead.
2. Another factor that contributes to falling asleep at work is boredom. If your job is routine and boring you can easily find yourself wanting to fall asleep. The solution for this is to find a new job, ask your boss if there is something else you can do, try accomplishing the task in a different way or taking a break and walking around for a bit to get your blood flowing.
3. If this is allowed in your workplace get up and go and talk to a co-worker for just a short minute or two. That will often help get your blood flowing and bring about enough change in the pace of things to revive you.
4. Another suggestion is to get a caffeine drink and very helpful if available at work put ice in it. Chewing ice can be surprising in how effective it will wake a person up.
5. Another obvious contributor to falling asleep at work can be brought on by not getting enough sleep the night before. Sleep professionals claim that even adults need 7-9 hours of sleep each nigh to be fully rested. If you are having trouble sleeping you will need to look into why that is happening and make some changes so you can start getting the required hours of sleep your body needs each night.
Having sleep problems at home can be caused by a number of problems. Sometimes it is worry or anxiety of all the things you have to do at work that can cause sleep problem at home. If this is happening a good suggestion that will clear your mind so you can sleep is to write everything down that you are thinking of. Often that will help your mind clear enough so you can get to sleep.
Falling asleep at work can be a real problem. If you find yourself doing at too much it can result in you losing your job and nobody wants that. If you have tried everything and nothing seems to work there may be more to it that just the obvious. That means it is time to seek out the advice of a medical professional.