Can’t Sleep? How To Cure Insomnia
Can’t sleep? Exhausted? Worried about the dangers of using sleeping tablets? But you need to get some sleep right NOW!
If this sounds like you, you need to learn how to cure insomnia and get a good night’s sleep.
It is possible to have a good night’s sleep, but our modern, ever busy lifestyle can have a negative impact on a healthy sleep routine. To make it worse, most people do not know what was working when they had good sleep patterns. When you develop insomnia, you can have great difficulty knowing how to resume good sleep patterns.
Most doctors don’t know how to cure insomnia, and tend to prescribe sleeping tablets. Medication does not give you a natural sleep, and recent studies have linked a higher death rate for patients using some sleeping tablets.
If you need a good nights sleep, and want to do it without using medication, read on and learn about how you can fall asleep naturally.
You cannot make yourself go to sleep, and so it is important that you create the right environment for your body to fall asleep. So how do you create this environment?
– Create a wind-down time to allow your body and mind to relax. To do this, cut out exciting television programmes, shut down the computer screen, and have some quiet time.
– Have a regular bedtime so that your body knows when it is time to go to sleep.
– Work out a routine that relaxes you. A hot bath or shower can relax your muscles. As you cool down after the hot water, your body will start to feel sleepy. It is recommended that you shower or bath 60 to 90 minutes before you go to bed to allow your body to relax, and for you to feel sleepy.
– If you have had insomnia for some time, you may be experience stress and dread as you go to bed at night. As you start to make changes, calm those thoughts and feelings by reminding yourself that you are taking action to help yourself to fall asleep. Stress is a major “sleep stealer” so it is important that you do not allow it to dominate your thoughts as you go to bed.
– Don’t go to bed worrying about whether you are going to fall asleep. Go to bed with the attitude that you will be creating an environment that will allow you to fall asleep. That means making yourself comfortable, spend some time checking that your body is relaxed, and focus your mind on something calm and pleasant.
Learning how to cure insomnia can give you back the control you need to have a good nights sleep, and energy filled days. If you are not getting healthy sleep, you will be struggling through the day, tired, and still not being able to go to sleep. If insomnia is taking the fun out of your life, make today the day that you start to reclaim sleep-filled nights.